1. The Ottoman Empire’s Sultan Ibrahim I had 280 of his concubines drowned in the ocean after one of them slept with another man.
2. In Medieval times people were put to death for being witches. One anthropologist conjectures as many as 600,000 witches lost their lives.
3. Mexican General Santa Anna had an elaborate state funeral for his amputated leg.
4. Tens of thousands of baby girls were abandoned each year in China because of the country’s one-child policy.
5. Before the mid-19th century dentures were commonly made with teeth pulled from the mouths of the dead soldiers.
7. Ice Age Britons used skulls of the dead as cups.
8. After Pope Gregory IX associated cats with devil worship, cats throughout Europe were exterminated in droves.
9. This sudden lack of cats led to the spread of disease because infected rats ran…
View original post 1,005 more words