Bolivian Benjamin Mendoza tried and failed to kill Pope Paul VI in November 1970 — the first Pope ever to visit the Philippines and the Far East.
Alex Allan was a young reporter for philippine media wearing a local police officer’s uniform, while Benjamin Mendoza, a bolivian surrealist painter, was dressed like a priest in his attempt to assassinate the pope.
According to Allan, on the day of the pope’s arrival he was with a general named ordonez at the tarmac, posing as his aide.
And yes, Marcos and Imelda were about two feet away from the pope, just as Alex and Benjamin, when the historic attack happened..
The Bolivian artist was attacking the pope with a 9-inch kris, a dagger with a wavy blade, but was pushed to the ground by the pope’s secretary, a korean cardinal.
Immediately, the attacker was pushed on the ground and given a karate chop by the cardinal, then, two filipino soldiers took over, and brought him to a van.
On that same day, general ordonez gave him an instuction ‘Alex, hindi tayo ang nag-save kay pope, ha? It was Marcos who blocked him and karate chopped him. And it was Imelda who picked up the knife.’”
here is the status posted by Ejay Yan, which indicated that he was “feeling annoyed”:
“Sabi raw ng santo papa, sa pagdalaw nya rito wag daw sya ang gawing ‘focus’ kundi ang panginoong dyos.
ABA ABA. ayos ah?! mawalang galang na po pero mukhang may mali ata?
Dadalaw dalaw ka dito; naabala ang lahat, naistorbo ang payroll schedules dahil sa limang araw na holidays na dinulot ng saradong mga daan at sobrang traffic;
at kahit na sabihin pa natin na simbahan ang gumastos sayo, ang laki pa rin ng gastos ng gobyerno para magbigay kooperasyon para sa siguridad mo at san pa ba kinuha yan kundi sa buwis na pinagpawisan namin; tapos HINDI PALA
Ortigas center is located at the boundaries of Pasig, Mandaluyong, and Quezon City in the Philippines, with an area of more than 100 hectares (250 acres).
The center is surrounded by the streets of EDSA to the west, Ortigas Avenue to the north, Meralco Avenue to the east, and Shaw Boulevard to the south.
How the ownership of 4,033-hectare “Hacienda de Mandaloyon”, claimed as estate of the Augustinians priests, was turned over to Ortigas through what means, is a big question mark that should cleared in the minds the tagalog inhabitants of manila.
On January 20, 1920, the roman catholic church through the augustinian fathers surrendered this property to Dr. Frank W. Dudley and Don Francisco Ortigas.
Dr. Dudley later transferred his interest to Phil C. Whitaker, and the company became known as Whitaker and Ortigas.
On July 10, 1931, Ortigas, Madrigal y Cia was incorporated as a limited partnership among Francisco Ortigas (Don Paco), Vicente Madrigal, B.C.M. Johnston, Fulgencio Borromeo, Clyde A. Dewitt and Manuel L. Quezon.
From “Lupang Payatas” of the original tagalog natives, the prime lands of the tagalog nobility were converted into hacienda by the spanish government, then, by the american government which endowed the same lands to the old timers and newcomers from china, america and spain by virtue of a titling system of a certain Torrens from australia, under the magdalo government of a chinese/spanish mestizo president, Manuel L. Quezon.
The northern portion of the area is part of Quezon City in Ugong Norte where Robinsons Galleria, Holiday Inn Manila and Crowne Plaza Manila, and the Galleria Regency.
The 5-level shopping mall Robinsons Galleria used to be owned by SSS and Ortigas CBD.
In 1987, John Gokongwei bought the large portion of the land from SSS and started construction of the mall that opened in 1990.
The center’s western portion is part of Mandaluyong City in the eastern side of Barangay Wackwack Greenhills where most of the shopping malls in the area are located like SM Megamall, The Podium, Shangri-la Plaza Mall and St. Francis Square Mall, all nearby of Cybergate Center.
The eastern portion is part of Pasig City in barangay San Antonio formerly a part of kapitolyo where most of Pasig’s financial resources are primarily concentrated.
All the incorporators, except Quezon who was President of the Philippine Senate at that time, were constituted as managing and general partners (socios gerentes colectivos) while the other shareholders were designated limited partners (socios comanditarios).
The objective of the partnership was to acquire the Hacienda de Mandaloyon, which spanned the municipalities that are now known as Mandaluyong, San Juan, Pasig & Quezon City.
The Estate was to be disposed of either in large tracts or developed subdivided lots, and now actually owned by rich private lot owners:
… residential subdivisions (Barranca, Capitol, Wack-Wack, Greenhills, Valle Verde, Greenmeadows)
… shopping complexes (Greenhills Shopping Center, Tiendesitas at Frontera Verde, SM Megamall, Robinson’s Galleria, EDSA Shangri-La Plaza)
… hospitals (The New Medical City, Rizal Provincial Hospital, Cardinal Santos Medical Center)
… schools (De La Salle – Greenhills, Xavier School, Immaculate Conception Academy, Lourdes School, St. Pedro Poveda College, St. Paul College)
… churches (Santuario de San Jose, Mary The Queen, St. Francis, Our Lady of Peace Parish / EDSA Shrine)
… army camps (Camp Crame, Camp Aguinaldo, Rizal PC Headquarters)
… exclusive golf and country clubs (Valle Verde Country Club, Green Valley Country Club, Wack-Wack Golf and Country Club)
Francisco Ortigas y Barcinas, Sr. (1875-1935) was a prominent lawyer during the American colonial period and patriarch of the Ortigas family.
His father was Ignacio Ortigas who was a captain of the Spanish infantry and his mother was Asuncion Barcinas.
Francisco, known then as Don Paco, obtained his law licenciate in March 1896 and he joined lawyer Rafael del Pan to start a law office.
As Andres Bonifacio was killed on order of Aguinaldo, the Magdiwang in 1898 never stopped the philippine revolution that was resumed by the likes of Macario Sakay, Mariano Alvarez and Eleuterio Geronimo.
Don Paco continued his support to Quezon’s government and was appointed by the American military governor as a registrar of the south district of Manila from 1899 to 1901, and later, named as registrar of deeds for the city of Manila.
He opened a new law firm with spanish Rafael del Pan and American Frederick Fisher, called Ortigas, del Pan and Fishes Law Office, which achieved prominence together with the Sumulong law firm.
The American government designated them as chief investigators of anomalous titles and land purchases of the Spanish friars, and were the ones who “legitimized or legalized” the foreigners’ ownership of the tagalog lands.
Ortigas also became a law professor at the University of Santo Tomas and the University of the Philippines, where he became a member of the Boards of Regents.
Ortigas enlisted then Senate President Manuel L. Quezon as a limited partner (socio comanditario) in his law firm which intended to divide the large tract into residential and commercial subdivisions.
Ortigas married the socially prominent Julia Vargas de Ortigas y Camus, the daughter of the Governor Vargas of Basilan.
Their son Francisco Ortigas Jr. would also become a lawyer and actually used the laws they themselves made to expand into Ortigas & Co., Limited Partnership.
On January 20, 1920, the Augustinian Fathers sold this property to american Frank W. Dudley and Don Francisco Ortigas.
Dudley later surrendered his interest to Phil C. Whitaker, and the company became known as Whitaker and Ortigas.
Almost everything north of Pasig, west of Marikina, east of San Juan, and south of Diliman was owned by the Ortigas family.
And their strategy then was to unload or resell the lands as fast as possible, as revealed by Ortigas & Company chief operating officer.
Due to this, Greenhills Shopping Center, Greenhills subdivisions, Green Meadows, Wack-Wack, and Valle Verde were born.
Corinthian Gardens was developed by the Madrigals who originally were partners, while Acropolis property was acquired by Sta. Lucia, formerly Green Meadows phase 2.
Meanwhile, Corinthian Hills was developed by the Puyat being part of the vast Ortigas landholdings.
In 2005, Tiendesitas, a 18.5-hectare Frontera Verde property along the C-5 road in Pasig, began operations.
Luntala Valley Verde, a 77-unit residential townhouse development inside Valle Verde 6-A, was born, also Circulo Verde, a 12-hectare master-planned development.
About 60 hectares of prime land, including the one which used to house the Rizal Provincial Capitol, was reverted to the Ortigas partnership.
Sooner or later, 34 hectares of property that is Camps Crame and Aguinaldo will revert back to Ortigas, according to the chief operations.
In the early 1900s, most of the businesses were partnerships like that of the Ayalas and the Roxases, and for sure Ortigas would transform into corporations just like the others.
Circulo Verde, Greenhills Shopping Center and of course Capitol Commons where Elegance is located, shall be handled by ortigas corporations under a real estate investment trust that would reduce or eliminate corporate income taxes.
REIT law (RA No. 9856) was recently enacted providing regulatory and tax framework with shares listed on and traded at the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Revealed now is the coming up of Capitol Commons, a 10-hectare property that used to house the Rizal Provincial Capitol.
Only the politicians can really tell how much money or pork was shelled out or received in order to “revert” such a property to Ortigas, such as the Capitol Commons, project cost of which was reported to be more than P25 billion.
Another interim 18.5-hectare development project, such as Frontera Verde at the corner of Ortigas Avenue and E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue (C-5) in Barangay Ugong, Pasig City, is already in view.
Very near or adjacent to Tiendesitas and Frontera Verde, owned and managed by Ortigas & Co. are SM Hypermarket, Fun Ranch, Ark Avilon, Transcom Center, Silver City, and Shell Gas Station, with two more buildings built-to-suit for BPO locators.
Ortigas’ biggest residential project to date is the P15-billion Circulo Verde in Bagumbayan, Quezon City.
For Ortigas and Co., which turned 79 this year, from both a legal and business perspective, life is just about to begin for the group that has transformed a large part of the Metro Manila landscape into the lands of the rich foreigners.
Similarly, the Hacienda Luisita of the Aquino-Cojuangco family in tarlac, the plush villages of ayala, zobel and roxas in makati, and the rest of ownerships in manila, did have the same pattern of aquisitions of lands by making use of torrens titles, corporations, legalized history and most important, the short memories of the tagalog inhabitants.
… somewhere in a disputed area between tagig and malate, underneath are ancient tunnels of tagalog natives … the surface area was were ancient mandirigma converged to surround the twin lakes of the kingdom of mabunga, that was later on these modern times turned into a military camp by the invaders from the west and from across the pacific, then turned into a commercial area by the prevailing plutocrats … hehehe
IKAW ANG FOCUS?
kung hindi nga ikaw, eh dapat nag misa ka nalang sa Skype at di na kaming lahat binulilyaso dito.
matagal nang pokus ng sangkatauhan ang panginoon nila dito, ang dami na ngang nadaganan at namatay sa Quiapo nung nakaraang linggo. pupunta punta ka dito daig mo pang dyos na bumaba galing langit, natural pagkakaguluhan ka! [na di ko naman maintindihan kung bakit.] ayy ewan.”
As of posting time, the said Facebook account named Ejay BigBear has been deactivated.
The post above only describes the eternal conflicts among men and their societies: the state, the church, the propagandists, the press, the internet, the media, the ordinary men and women, the advantaged and disadvantaged sects and sectors, the politics of the fanatical faithfuls, the governments, and so on and so forth, playing in this arena of life or non-life; and the dominant ones win, the one who can shout louder retains the position of prominence, and the weak can always deactivate, hehehehe! it’s really funny in manila …